Mercy volunteers have the unique opportunity to make a positive difference in peoples' lives every day that they generously donate their time and talents.
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and develop new interests. When you join the Mercy family, you will experience the personal fulfillment and rewards that only come from helping others.
At Mercy, you can volunteer as little as an hour a week or as often as you'd like. Your service is greatly appreciated, so we are thankful for any time you offer. Our volunteer programs will offer you many choices in finding just the right fit for your talents and skills and our hospital needs.
Frequent volunteer opportunities include:
• Family BirthPlace desk
• Blood pressure service
• Clerical assistance
• Escort service
• Gift Shop
• Driver - courtesy golf cart transportation
• Information desk in the main lobby - greet and direct visitors
• Patient service - visit patients, offering beverages and magazines
• Spiritual care visitor - pray and minister to patients
• Spiritual care eucharistic minister - give communion when desired
• Stuffed animals - sew and stuff toys for pediatric patients
• Surgery liaison for families/staff in surgery
• Mercy Hospice home visitor, nursing home visitor,
Anam Cara volunteer and/or Wings of Hope children's grief facilitator
SUMMER VOLUNTEER PROGRAM: Mercy Medical Center does not have a formal summer volunteer program, buy may be able to accommodate summer volunteers, depending on availability and interest area. Since completion of the screening process may take 3-6 weeks, it is highly recommended that requests for summer volunteering be initiated in March/April/May.
2700 Stewart Parkway - Roseburg, Oregon 97471 - (541) 673-0611