Quality and Patient Safety at Mercy Medical Center
Welcome to Mercy Medical Center! We are pleased that you have chosen to learn more about our ongoing Quality and Safety efforts. The Quality Improvement Department at Mercy Medical Center is committed to ensuring that our patients receive the highest quality patient care in a safe environment at Mercy Medical Center. We strive for a culture of accountability and continuous assessment and improvement incorporating the latest evidence based guidelines.
The Quality Improvement Department team focuses on uniting quality and patient safety through clinical effectiveness, infection control, utilization management and discharge planning. This collaboration parallels major healthcare initiatives nationwide. We invite you to contact any of us if we may assist you.
Linda Rice, R.N. M.S. CPHQ
Director of Quality Improvement
Faye Ameredes, D.O., F.A.C.O.G.
Medical Director of Quality
Mercy Medical Center
Jason Gray, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
Mercy Medical Center
Mercy has been recognized by the following:
- Healthgrades 2011 50 Best Hospitals in the Country
- Healthgrades 2012 100 Best Hospitals for Specialty Care
- To learn more visit: www.healthgrades.com
- Acumentra Health Outstanding Care Award, for results in Surgical Care Improvement Project, 2010
Mercy Medical Center supports sharing quality information to ensure patients are better able to participate in their care. We believe that providing access to our results encourages informed choices concerning healthcare decisions. Additional source of information may be obtained via the following links:
In conjunction with Catholic Health Initiatives, our corporate entity, Mercy Medical Center also participates in numerous evidence-based practice initiatives that improve quality and patient outcomes. Although new initiatives are constantly being introduced our current initiatives include:
- Acute Fall Prevention.
- Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection Prevention.
- Central Line-associated Blood Stream Infection Prevention.
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention.
- Surgical Never Events Prevention.
- Safe Patient Handling & Movement.
- Pain Management.
- Venous Thromboembolism (Blood Clot) Prevention.
- Patient and Family Advisory Council development.
Mercy Medical Center is committed to the delivery of high quality, safe medical care and believes sharing our performance outcomes fulfills our goal to become your provider of choice in the community.
On this website, you can review our performance measures and the programs designed to monitor and continuously improve the quality of the care we provide. We invite you to view the following links to learn more about our efforts and our teams.
2700 Stewart Parkway - Roseburg, Oregon 97471 - (541) 673-0611